Reading Rock Academy is a Social Enterprise, and was founded in 2009 by Pete Doyle for local musicians under 25 years old.
Pete has been a registered guitar teacher for over 17 years and has a 100% of his students passing Graded Electric Guitar exams validated by the London College of Music.
Our single aim is to encourage original artists and bands to develop their song writing and live performance skills.
All our musicians are given opportunities to improve their technical musicianship skills, write songs, connect with other song writers and build confidence through live performances and weekly term time sessions.
- Academy Founded with Graded Guitar lessons
- 1st annual Battle of the School Bands competition (an event open to every school band in the Thames Valley Area)
- 1st Graded Guitar Course for Schools started at John Madejski Academy.
- 2nd Annual Battle of the School Bands competition.
- 1st after school Rock Club established at Theale Green School and John Madejski Academy.
- 1st employee, Alisha Di Bartolomeo joined as the co-ordinator.
- 1st Corporate Sponsor confirmed, Waitrose and John Lewis Partnership. They donated a grant for £2,000 to support the growth of the academy.
- The Band Experience was founded.
- 1st Academy Building established at Bulmershe Campus, University of Reading. Official opening on Friday 26th October 2012.
- 1st Fourth Friday Event.
- 1st National Battle of the Bands competition.
- 1st Drum Clinic – with Pat Petrillo
-Launch of School Educational Support Services for local schools
-Expands to 5 locations in Central Reading, Caversham, Tilehurst, Woodley/Winnersh, Madesjki Stadium – Jazz Cafe
Reading Rock Academy does not currently receive any government funding for it’s activities and is currently seeking sponsors from local businesses, to support its growth and expansion plans over the next 3-5 years.